Hints and Tips for storing your home contents
U Can Store It Self Storage ~ Hints & Tips for storing your home contents
- Make a list of the items you intend to store.
- Fill the boxes, not allowing the box to bulge or you may find it difficult to lift / carry and also may collapse with the extra weight.
- Pack heavier items in smaller boxes so they are easy to lift and carry.
- Make sure fragile items i.e. mirrors, glass units and pictures etc are protected with bubble wrap and use fragile tape to secure the box.
- Cover your soft furnishings i.e. sofas and mattresses with protective covers.
- Create extra storage space by using your wardrobes or chest of drawers to store any items inside.
- Place the heaviest of your goods into storage first as it will create a good and secure stacking base.
- Organise your storage space by placing items that you will not need often at the back of the unit leaving you plenty of space near the front for your items that will be needed on a regular basis.
- Make sure all fridges and freezers are fully defrosted and washing machines and dishwashers are completely drained of water to prevent any damage and then leave the doors open to allow ventilation.
- Drain fuel and oil from all machinery, this will reduce the risk of leakage, spillage and damage to other goods being stored. Leaving petrol and oil in your machinery is also a fire hazard.
- We do not allow the storage of dangerous, illegal and unsuitable items, if in doubt ask for details of what is not allowed.
We have a range of removal packaging items in stock; please ask for details and prices or visit our removal packaging page for full details